Friday, January 28, 2011

LAMB LIVER with jerk spice and marjoram

I was lucky to find fresh lamb liver at my butcher’s shop. The easiest way to cook liver is to prepare it with onions and peppers, seasoned with jerk spice, marjoram, and Vegeta. Jerk spice has all sorts of spices inside: ginger, coriander, rosemary, thyme, allspice, cloves, cinnamon, and many other including salt and black pepper; and all together are playing the most divine symphony on our taste buds together with that distinct liver flavor. And if mashed potatoes are served on the side, well you can just close your eyes and imagine…

Lamb Liver With Jerk Spice and Marjoram on FoodistaLamb Liver With Jerk Spice and Marjoram

LAMB LIVER
(For the printable version click here)
Ingredients:
1 pound lamb liver, cut into cubes
2 tsp jerk spice
1 tsp marjoram
1 tbsp Vegeta
1 large onion, cut into slices
5 cloves garlic, cut into slices
½ of green bell pepper, cut into slices 
2 tbsp olive oil

Directions:
Into a preheated skillet, put olive oil, add diced onions, garlic, and peppers, and sweat until translucent.
Add the cubed liver, sprinkle with jerk spice, marjoram, and Vegeta, stir, and cook over medium heat until just done; about 10 minutes.



You can always taste to check if it is cook through.


9 comments:

  1. I am out of Vegeta..:( Got to go and get some in Baraka..I never had lamb liver!!! I have to try because my family love calf, even kids..
    It looks so good! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandra! Lately I'm using Dafinka and it's the same as Vegeta. Dafinka is a Macedonian product and found it in WallMart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will look for it! On west side walmart there not much products from ex-yu but in Antioch I saw many..will look for Dafinka for sure! Thanks for letting me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog so Im giving you Stylish Blogger Award :)
    more info on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had lamb liver before, but this dish sounds outstanding! Gonna have to stop at the butcher's today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never made lamb liver, you make it look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of lamb liver. I love how quick it cooks. And this one looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love my Dafinka :)
    This looks so good... reminds me of my mom's cooking. You did such a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you girls for nice comments!

    ReplyDelete