Wednesday, March 30, 2011

FEELING GOOD, MY NEW BOOK, and NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE

I'm back from Memphis and I'm feeleing WHITE, RED, and BLUE!!!! To celebrate I made some cheesecake, again, but this way the quicker, shortcut way.

I usually do everything the traditional way. But since my life became busy and hectic I'm trying to find ways to make delicious dessert recipes easier and quicker to make. Sometimes there is no way you can skip baking, but with cheesecake it simple- the secret is in INSTANT PUDDING MIX! I found this recipe on eHow Food and adjusted it a bit.
Instant pudding mixes come in so many different flavors, so it is easy to to make the perfect cheesecake for every occasion!


No-Bake Cheesecake My Way on FoodistaNo-Bake Cheesecake My Way

Here are some photos on the way to Memphis:


The great Tenneessee River with the sun going down

Clear sky promising all the best

Looks like the doorway to heaven, doesn't it?

And an angel looking over us...
  
And here are some photos from the way back home:
Great Tenneessee river in the morning

Junk food and green results, yuck!!!

My boy was excited to being chased by "monster" truck

Spring is coloring trees in all beautiful bright colors

And yet another surprise was waiting for me in the mail box! Thank you Elisabeth @Food and Thrift Finds, my book arrived today! I will spend a relaxing afternoon reading and browsing the pages and admiring all the wonderful photos:



NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE
(for printable recipe click here)

Ingredients:

2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, soft
3 cups milk
2 small packages vanilla instant pudding
18 Graham crackers (approximately 9 oz.)
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
2 tbsp sugar

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 325*F. Cover a 9 by 13'' baking pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until finely ground. Melt the butter and mix all together until all crackers are moistened. If you feel that the crackers are too dry, just add 1 or 2 tbsp milk and mix thoroughly. Press into the baking pan and bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Let cool completely. 
Blend cream cheese with 1 cup milk until smooth. Add 2 cups of milk and both pudding mixes. Beat with electric mixer until the cream cheese mix becomes thick, about 2 - 3 minute. Do not over beat. Pour over graham cracker crust.
Chill for one hour covered with plastic foil.
Cut into rectangles or squares and serve topped with whipping cream and strawberries or garnish up to your taste! 


15 comments:

  1. YUM! We all have to use a few short cuts, and when they turn out looking like this, you have a winner!!! Congrats on the new cookbook...looking forward to seeing what you make from it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a nice time away, and then came home to a nice surprise, the cookbook. Your cheesecake looks so good, especially with the strawberries, my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious and sounds so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't added pudding in cream cheese before looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious! Congrats on the new book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when I buy a new cookbook! Lucky you! :)

    Cheesecake looks so good... I love that you don't have to bake it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeyyy for the trip..I hope it was fun!
    Your cake look FANTASTIC!!!! I love cheesecake, and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cheesecake and they look so pretty cut in squares!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Hope your trip was great! Memphis TN, is where I was born, and I still have family there! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally hooked on baking from scratch, however, I love, love, love instant puddings! I use them all the time in my frostings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for stopping by!
    Memphis trip was GREAT, we all enjoyed it very much, as we enjoyed the delicious cheesecake too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mateja-So glad that you spent a relaxing afternoon, reading the cookbook you won on my giveaway. Hopefully you will find something that you like in it to make.
    Your no-bake cheesecake is a recipe I'm familiar with, and have not made it in years.
    You made it so pretty with the decoration of the fresh strawberries, and whipped cream. Yumm!

    I honestly can't understand why would anyone buy a no-bake cheesecake mix, when this is just as easy, and you use fresh cream cheese. Actually the instant pudding mix is something that I never stopped using. Very smart idea!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trust me, we all use shortcuts every now and then (heck, I use them all of the time, mostly!). This cheesecake looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Instant Pudding - great idea! Anything to make a weeknight dessert faster and easier (with less mess) is perfect in my book. Beautiful pictures too Mateja!
    Loved the monster truck picture..LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! We have a beautiful sunny Saturday here in Nashville :)

    ReplyDelete